Yea I oversold this one with a title like that, but seriously – this thing might just change your life or at the very least, your morning. This has been something I’ve perfected over the last week or two and let me tell you, it really hit the spot the day after Patriot’s Day. Massachusetts is not joking around with this state wide holiday. Honestly, watching people complete 26.2 miles of running while drinking beer on a patio in 87-degree weather was exhausting. This little breakfast gem was exactly what I needed the day after to recover and refuel. Well this, three Advil and a gallon of Gatorade.
- 1 whole wheat english muffin
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1 slice of cheese
- Slice and toast english muffin
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat
- Beat eggs, spray pan with non-stick cooking spread
- When hot, add eggs to pan and let them spread out like a crepe, lifting up at the edges to aid cooking
- When egg has set, place piece of cheese in center and fold over the edges of the egg-crepe (should be 4 – think envelope)
- Let sit for 30 or so seconds to let cheese melt
- Slide cheese-egg onto toasted english muffin and ENJOY!
Note: I’ve also been known to add a sausage patty to this bad boy and use egg 2 egg whites. Tasty.